Grass Valley woman arrested after high-speed chase
December 17, 2013
GV woman arrested after high-speed chase
A high-speed chase that started Friday near Truckee ended when the Nevada Highway Patrol flattened a tire on the driver’s truck on Interstate 80 near Verdi.
Driver Wendy Nicole Parish, 23, of Grass Valley, displayed signs of being under the influence of drugs, the Nevada Highway Patrol reported.
Parish was booked into the Washoe County jail on suspicion of second offense drunk driving and driving without a license, as well as a felony charge of failing to obey a peace officer. The NHP said charges are likely going to be filed in California, as well.
The NHP became involved about 3:52 p.m. Friday when a gray 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup truck failed to stop for the California Highway Patrol near Truckee, the NHP said. The NHP laid down stop sticks on the Nevada side of the freeway, and the truck drove over it, flattening at least one tire. The Dodge stopped about three miles inside the state line near the center median.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns