Grass Valley school district to hold special board meeting
June 17, 2014
The Grass Valley School District board of trustees will hold a special board meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the district's administrative office on the 10000 block of Gilmore Way in Grass Valley.
The meeting will begin with a half-hour closed session where board members will privately discuss district bargaining efforts with the Grass Valley Teacher's Association and the California School Employees Association.
In open session the board will publicly discuss the approval of the Grass Valley Charter School and district Local Control Accountability Plan, also known as the LCAP; adoption of the district's 2014-15 school year budget will also be up for approval.
The board will also consider the implementation of the "Step up to Kindergarten Program" at Margaret Scotten School and Bell Hill Academy School, as well as the installation of surveillance cameras at Lyman Gilmore Middle School and Scotten School. The camera program known as "Keepin' It Focused" would cost the district close to $30,000.
To contact Staff Writer Ivan Natividad, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4236.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier