Grass Valley school district to hold special board meeting
June 17, 2014
The Grass Valley School District board of trustees will hold a special board meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the district's administrative office on the 10000 block of Gilmore Way in Grass Valley.
The meeting will begin with a half-hour closed session where board members will privately discuss district bargaining efforts with the Grass Valley Teacher's Association and the California School Employees Association.
In open session the board will publicly discuss the approval of the Grass Valley Charter School and district Local Control Accountability Plan, also known as the LCAP; adoption of the district's 2014-15 school year budget will also be up for approval.
The board will also consider the implementation of the "Step up to Kindergarten Program" at Margaret Scotten School and Bell Hill Academy School, as well as the installation of surveillance cameras at Lyman Gilmore Middle School and Scotten School. The camera program known as "Keepin' It Focused" would cost the district close to $30,000.
To contact Staff Writer Ivan Natividad, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4236.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana