Grass Valley man shoots another in the head with pellet gun
January 16, 2013
A Grass Valley man remains in county jail after allegedly shooting another man in the head with a pellet gun during an argument.
Grass Valley Police officers responded to the residence in the 600 block of Le Duc Street at about 2 p.m. Wednesday after a woman called to report that her grandson had been shot in the head with a pellet gun.
Both men had been drinking, said Police Capt. Rex Marks, and began a "rather aggressive argument" that reportedly stemmed from one of the men taking their two dogs for a walk and returning without the dogs.
The suspect, identified as Wayne Clint Stidham, 48, allegedly then pulled the pellet gun out and shot the 40-year-old victim in the head.
The pellet just broke the skin, Marks said, and the victim was treated at the scene.
Stidham was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and inflicting corporal injury on a cohabitant. He was being held in lieu of $25,000 bail.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call (530) 477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Car drives into Grass Valley Papa Murphy’s store
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim
- DA moves to dismiss drug charges, cites former detective’s ‘inappropriate relationship’ with informant
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles