Grass Valley man pleads no contest to two molest charges
February 14, 2013
A Grass Valley man charged with multiple counts of sexually molesting a child has pleaded no contest to two counts in return for a stipulated 16-year sentence.
Roger Allen McGlothin, 54, had been charged with three counts of oral copulation with a child younger than 10, one count of continual sexual abuse of a child younger than 14 and three counts of committing a lewd act on a child. The incidents covered a time frame dating back to August 2009 through July 26, 2012, allegedly beginning when the victim was 7 years old.
McGlothin pleaded no contest in Nevada County Superior Court Friday to the two counts of committing a lewd act on a child, with allegations of substantial sexual conduct.
The plea agreement calls for 16 years in state prison, and from 10 to 20 years on post-release community supervision after his release. He can only receive 15 percent time credit for good behavior.
His sentencing was set for March 29.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, e-mail email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire