Grass Valley man killed in Idaho wreck
November 30, 2012
A Grass Valley man was killed in a traffic accident Sunday in Idaho, according to the Idaho State Police.
Jeffrey Evans, 53, was driving a vehicle that was on the right shoulder of State Highway 50 in Jerome County, Idaho, when he began to make a U-turn in front of another vehicle at about 5:30 p.m., according to a press release.
Evans was accompanied by Susan Evans, 59.
Evans’ vehicle was struck by a 2002 GMC Sierra that was westbound, being driven by a man identified as Shane Scott, 40, of Filer, Idaho. The other occupants of the GMC were identified as Diana Scott, 40, and Trevor Scott, 14.
Jeffrey Evans died at the scene of the crash. Diana Scott was transported by air ambulance to St. Luke’s Magic Valley Medical Center in Twin Falls.
Jeffrey Evans and all the occupants in the GMC Sierra were wearing seatbelts.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Local News
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping