Grass Valley man injured in solo accident
July 14, 2014
A 66-year-old Grass Valley man was flown to a Roseville hospital after rolling his vehicle Friday morning on Dog Bar Road.
The man, identified by the California Highway Patrol as Douglas Newnan, was driving southbound on Dog Bar Road south of Wheeler Acres Road at approximately 11:30 a.m. when he drifted onto the right shoulder for unknown reasons.
Newnan reportedly over-corrected, crossing into the southbound and northbound lanes before rolling his vehicle into a ditch.
Nevada County Consolidated firefighters and Sierra Nevada Ambulance crew members carried the driver up the hill. Nevada County Sheriff's deputies also assisted.
Newnan was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center and was listed in serious condition as of Friday night.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin