Grass Valley man injured in solo accident
July 14, 2014
A 66-year-old Grass Valley man was flown to a Roseville hospital after rolling his vehicle Friday morning on Dog Bar Road.
The man, identified by the California Highway Patrol as Douglas Newnan, was driving southbound on Dog Bar Road south of Wheeler Acres Road at approximately 11:30 a.m. when he drifted onto the right shoulder for unknown reasons.
Newnan reportedly over-corrected, crossing into the southbound and northbound lanes before rolling his vehicle into a ditch.
Nevada County Consolidated firefighters and Sierra Nevada Ambulance crew members carried the driver up the hill. Nevada County Sheriff's deputies also assisted.
Newnan was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center and was listed in serious condition as of Friday night.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier