Grass Valley man held on $5,000,000 bail for molesting boys
February 21, 2013
A 31-year-old Grass Valley man was arrested Thursday on multiple charges of child molestation involving at least five victims and was being held in county jail on $5 million bail.
According to Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal, Jonathan Scott Foote molested at least five boys over a period of 11 years. The boys were in their very early teens at the time of the alleged incidents, Royal said.
"There is a fear there are more victims," he said.
Royal said the investigation will "go on for a while," and he encouraged anyone with information to call his office at 530-265-1471.
Royal would not comment further at this time about Foote's connection to the alleged victims or how the alleged molestations came to light, citing the ongoing investigation.
Foote was arrested and booked into Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on suspicion of lewd and lascivious acts with a child younger than 14 and continuous sexual abuse of a child.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier