Grass Valley man dies in workplace fall
May 2, 2014
A man found dead after a work-related fall Tuesday has been identified as Freddy Quintana, 33, of Grass Valley.
Nevada County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call at about 10:30 a.m. about a fall victim at a business on Loma Rica Drive, said Capt. Jeff Pettitt.
Firefighters and medical personnel also responded to the call and found Quintana on the ground in the back of the complex, Pettitt said. Despite attempts to revive him, Quintana was pronounced dead at the scene.
"It looks like he was hired to put up some wood siding, and he was up on the scaffolding when he fell for unknown reasons," Pettitt said.
The cause of Quintana's death is under investigation by the sheriff's office and the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County