Grass Valley man dies in workplace fall
May 2, 2014
A man found dead after a work-related fall Tuesday has been identified as Freddy Quintana, 33, of Grass Valley.
Nevada County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call at about 10:30 a.m. about a fall victim at a business on Loma Rica Drive, said Capt. Jeff Pettitt.
Firefighters and medical personnel also responded to the call and found Quintana on the ground in the back of the complex, Pettitt said. Despite attempts to revive him, Quintana was pronounced dead at the scene.
"It looks like he was hired to put up some wood siding, and he was up on the scaffolding when he fell for unknown reasons," Pettitt said.
The cause of Quintana's death is under investigation by the sheriff's office and the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley woman, fiancé die in Cascade Fire
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation