Grass Valley man dies in workplace fall
May 2, 2014
A man found dead after a work-related fall Tuesday has been identified as Freddy Quintana, 33, of Grass Valley.
Nevada County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call at about 10:30 a.m. about a fall victim at a business on Loma Rica Drive, said Capt. Jeff Pettitt.
Firefighters and medical personnel also responded to the call and found Quintana on the ground in the back of the complex, Pettitt said. Despite attempts to revive him, Quintana was pronounced dead at the scene.
"It looks like he was hired to put up some wood siding, and he was up on the scaffolding when he fell for unknown reasons," Pettitt said.
The cause of Quintana's death is under investigation by the sheriff's office and the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public