Grass Valley man accused of DUI, fleeing the scene
June 6, 2013
A 20-year-old Grass Valley man was charged with felony DUI and hit and run after he allegedly fled the scene of an accident in downtown Grass Valley Friday night.
Daniel Warfield, a construction worker, was arrested at 11:30 p.m. after allegedly colliding with a 56-year-old male driving a Ford sedan in the 700 block of South Auburn Street, said Sgt. Joe Matteoni of the Grass Valley Police Department.
Upon arrival at the scene, officers found the 56-year-old male, a 22-year-old passenger in Warfield's car and received reports that Warfield had fled northbound, while bleeding from both hands, in the direction of Whiting Street.
Officers pursued Warfield, who was located on the sidewalk near Whiting Street, Matteoni said.
When interviewed by GVPD, Warfield allegedly exhibited signs of alcohol consumption, but due to injuries suffered in the accident, he was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, Matteoni said.
Upon release, he was booked into Nevada County Jail.
The unidentified 22-year-old passenger in Warfield's car also suffered moderate injuries in the crash.
No information on the condition of the 56-year-old male was available.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed