Grass Valley Jazzercise welcomes Margie Stevens
November 28, 2012
Margie Stevens earned the right to teach Jazzercise Nov. 9 by completing an intense two-day workshop and performing a letter-perfect audition.
After submitting adequate references and putting in long hours of practice, Stevens recently participated in a rigorous workshop in Vallejo, sponsored by the Franchise Programs and Services Department of Jazzercise Inc. She was required to learn approximately 10 Jazzercise routines for the audition; pass a written exam on basic anatomy, exercise physiology and nutrition; learn Jazzercise business practices; and become certified to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Each 60-minute high-energy Jazzercise class includes a warm up, aerobic segment, muscle toning and flexibility exercises and a cool-down. Stevens joins the current Grass Valley Jazzercise team of six instructors that offer 20 regular Jazzercise classes, five Personal Touch strength training classes in downtown Grass Valley and two in Lake Wildwood.
— Submitted to The Union
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)