Grass Valley Jazzercise welcomes Margie Stevens
November 28, 2012
Margie Stevens earned the right to teach Jazzercise Nov. 9 by completing an intense two-day workshop and performing a letter-perfect audition.
After submitting adequate references and putting in long hours of practice, Stevens recently participated in a rigorous workshop in Vallejo, sponsored by the Franchise Programs and Services Department of Jazzercise Inc. She was required to learn approximately 10 Jazzercise routines for the audition; pass a written exam on basic anatomy, exercise physiology and nutrition; learn Jazzercise business practices; and become certified to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Each 60-minute high-energy Jazzercise class includes a warm up, aerobic segment, muscle toning and flexibility exercises and a cool-down. Stevens joins the current Grass Valley Jazzercise team of six instructors that offer 20 regular Jazzercise classes, five Personal Touch strength training classes in downtown Grass Valley and two in Lake Wildwood.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier