Grass Valley crash sends two to hospital
October 26, 2012
A traffic accident in downtown Grass Valley Tuesday afternoon sent both drivers to the hospital.
Grass Valley Police officers were investigating the accident, which occurred in the 200 block of South Auburn Street at approximately 2:45 p.m.
Officers were dispatched on a report of a two-vehicle accident blocking traffic in front of Grass Valley Charter School and found the two vehicles near the Highway 49 off-ramp to South Auburn Street.
One of the vehicles had crashed head-on into the school's sign.
The drivers were identified as Melissa Ann Richard, 39, and Anna Katherine Polk, 51.
Few details were available as of press time as police were still attempting to locate witnesses to the collision.
Both women were transported by ambulance from the scene for treatment; Richard was taken by helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center, treated and released.
Anyone with information regarding this accident is encouraged to contact the Grass Valley Police Department at (530) 477-4600.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum