Grass Valley Charter closed due to pipe leak
August 28, 2013
Grass Valley Charter School was closed Tuesday due to a break in the main water pipe.
The problem was discovered around 10 p.m. Monday under the sidewalk in front of the school, said Grass Valley Charter Assistant Principal Scott Maddock.
“Right now, we’re working on efforts to bring up the sidewalk to get a good look at what damage there was to the pipe,” he said.
The school itself sustained no damage, but water was seeping up from the cracks of the sidewalks and the water has been shut down school-wide, Maddock said.
“We can have it fixed and hopefully be back in school (Wednesday),” he said.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project