Grass Valley car collision sends 2 to hospital
December 13, 2013
A medical condition is suspected to be the cause of an accident Wednesday afternoon that sent two people to the hospital.
Janis Meals, 56, of Grass Valley, was driving a Ford Expedition eastbound on Colfax Avenue near Oak Street when she veered to the shoulder and hit two parked vehicles, said Grass Valley Police Sgt. Alex Gammelgard.
She then crossed over the double yellow line and hit a Toyota Land Cruiser being driven by Lawrence Morales, 47, of Grass Valley.
Meals reportedly continued driving for a short distance before stopping in the westbound lane, Gammelgard said.
Meals and a passenger in Morales' vehicle were taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
The accident is believed to have been due to a medical issue, Gammelgard said.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed