Grass Valley car collision sends 2 to hospital
December 13, 2013
A medical condition is suspected to be the cause of an accident Wednesday afternoon that sent two people to the hospital.
Janis Meals, 56, of Grass Valley, was driving a Ford Expedition eastbound on Colfax Avenue near Oak Street when she veered to the shoulder and hit two parked vehicles, said Grass Valley Police Sgt. Alex Gammelgard.
She then crossed over the double yellow line and hit a Toyota Land Cruiser being driven by Lawrence Morales, 47, of Grass Valley.
Meals reportedly continued driving for a short distance before stopping in the westbound lane, Gammelgard said.
Meals and a passenger in Morales' vehicle were taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
The accident is believed to have been due to a medical issue, Gammelgard said.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger