Grass Valley car collision sends 2 to hospital
December 13, 2013
A medical condition is suspected to be the cause of an accident Wednesday afternoon that sent two people to the hospital.
Janis Meals, 56, of Grass Valley, was driving a Ford Expedition eastbound on Colfax Avenue near Oak Street when she veered to the shoulder and hit two parked vehicles, said Grass Valley Police Sgt. Alex Gammelgard.
She then crossed over the double yellow line and hit a Toyota Land Cruiser being driven by Lawrence Morales, 47, of Grass Valley.
Meals reportedly continued driving for a short distance before stopping in the westbound lane, Gammelgard said.
Meals and a passenger in Morales' vehicle were taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
The accident is believed to have been due to a medical issue, Gammelgard said.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws