Grass fire quickly suppressed
July 26, 2013
Firefighters responded to a vegetation fire on West Drive and Rough and Ready Highway Tuesday afternoon and were able to quickly knock it down.
Firefighters from Grass Valley, Nevada County Consolidated, Nevada City and Cal Fire responded to a report of a grass fire at 11:20 a.m. and arrived to find a small fire on an open lot at the intersection.
Two residents from the area were trying to extinguish the fire, said Grass Valley Fire Battalion Chief Mark Buttron.
The fire was quickly suppressed and crews were done by noon, Buttron said. No structures were threatened, and the cause remains under investigation.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Local News
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier