Grand Jury indicts Lester and Laferte
January 19, 2013
A grand jury handed down indictments to Phil Lester and Susan Laferte for their alleged role in perpetrating pattern of theft and fraud-related crimes for over eight years, bilking investors of millions of dollars.
Lester was the CEO of Gold Country Lenders, and Susan, Lester's sister, was the company's CFO and the pair have been charged with 66 felony counts of elder abuse, securities fraud and conspiracy by California Attorney General Kamala Harris.
Lester and Laferte pled not guilty and had their trials set for April 9.
Jon Blinder, who was also charged (with 6 felonies) for his alleged role in the real estate company, is still set for a preliminary hearing to commence on March 12.
For more on this developing story, check back with http://www.theunion.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley woman, fiancé die in Cascade Fire
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation