Grand Jury indicts Lester and Laferte
January 19, 2013
A grand jury handed down indictments to Phil Lester and Susan Laferte for their alleged role in perpetrating pattern of theft and fraud-related crimes for over eight years, bilking investors of millions of dollars.
Lester was the CEO of Gold Country Lenders, and Susan, Lester's sister, was the company's CFO and the pair have been charged with 66 felony counts of elder abuse, securities fraud and conspiracy by California Attorney General Kamala Harris.
Lester and Laferte pled not guilty and had their trials set for April 9.
Jon Blinder, who was also charged (with 6 felonies) for his alleged role in the real estate company, is still set for a preliminary hearing to commence on March 12.
For more on this developing story, check back with http://www.theunion.com.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death