Gold Country stage to resume Saturday service
February 11, 2013
This summer, for the first time in three years, the county will once again have bus service Saturdays.
In 2009, due to the economic downturn, Nevada County Transit Services was forced to eliminate all Saturday bus service. Re-establishing this service has been a priority since that time, according to county CEO Rick Haffey.
That goal will be realized beginning July 1, when Gold Country Stage begins a limited Saturday service in the Grass Valley and Nevada City areas, along with service to and from the Penn Valley-Grass Valley area. The Saturday service will run from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Funding for the Saturday service will be provided through a federal grant that has been recently awarded to Transit Services to improve access to transportation services to employment and employment-related activities for low-income individuals.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville