Gold Country stage to resume Saturday service
February 11, 2013
This summer, for the first time in three years, the county will once again have bus service Saturdays.
In 2009, due to the economic downturn, Nevada County Transit Services was forced to eliminate all Saturday bus service. Re-establishing this service has been a priority since that time, according to county CEO Rick Haffey.
That goal will be realized beginning July 1, when Gold Country Stage begins a limited Saturday service in the Grass Valley and Nevada City areas, along with service to and from the Penn Valley-Grass Valley area. The Saturday service will run from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Funding for the Saturday service will be provided through a federal grant that has been recently awarded to Transit Services to improve access to transportation services to employment and employment-related activities for low-income individuals.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed