Fundraiser, rally for Bigelsens on Sunday
June 18, 2014
Harvey and Judy Bigelsen will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary Sunday, from 3-7 p.m. at Summer Thymes, 231 Colfax Ave., Grass Valley. It is a multipurpose event that includes a silent auction, rally and fundraiser to celebrate and support the Bigelsen family.
The Bigelsen clinic was raided last March without notice or warning. Currently, Harvey Bigelsen is facing nine misdemeanor counts for distributing homeopathic remedies and other related offenses, including practicing medicine without a license, even though Bigelsen says he does not practice medicine. The community is rallying this Sunday to support and inform the public about the risks to alternative medicine.
The Bigelsens have been devastated by the raid, the closure of their business, subsequent foreclosure of their Nevada City home and now state and county prosecution. This grassroots fundraiser is to defray legal costs and living expenses while the Bigelsen’s clinic is closed.
Hors d’oeuvres, live music, a silent auction and a host of information on your health freedoms will be available. A minimum of $10 is a suggested donation.
To volunteer, donate or provide auction items, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns