Flying high at AirFest
July 16, 2013
The Nevada County AirFest kicked off Friday night with a dinner and dance. Then the show begins today at 7 a.m. with a pancake breakfast lasting until 11 a.m., concurrent with a full day of activities that start at 8 a.m. at the Nevada County Airport, 13083 John Bauer Ave., Grass Valley.
One highlight this year will be a Douglas C-54 Skymaster, as well as four P-51 Mustangs. This year's AirFest will also feature The Patriots Jet Team, a fast formation flying squadron of six L-39 jets that have dazzled spectators at air shows around the country with aerial acrobatic maneuvers that are accented with red, white and blue smoke trails.
The event also boasts an assortment of rare and classic cars, foods, a flight simulator, bounce house and face-painting.
Tickets are available at the SPD Markets in Grass Valley and Nevada City, Beam Easy Living Center in Grass Valley and the Nevada County Airport office.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws