Fleeing driver evades law enforcement
December 9, 2013
A driver who failed to yield to an attempted traffic stop led a Nevada County Sheriff's deputy on a brief chase Tuesday afternoon, which led to a multi-agency attempt to corral the fleeing suspect to no avail.
The deputy pulled in behind the driver near Ridge and Hughes roads at about 12:30 p.m., said Sheriff's Capt. Jeff Pettitt.
The driver started accelerating, so the deputy became suspicious and attempted to make a traffic stop.
"He just took off," Pettitt said. It was less than a minute till the deputy lost sight of him" somewhere off Arcadia Drive.
Sheriff's deputies and Grass Valley Police officers set up a perimeter around the area but could not locate the driver.
A California Highway Patrol helicopter was called in as well.
The vehicle eventually was located, abandoned, Pettitt said.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier