Firewise honors Alta Sierra efforts
November 30, 2012
The Greater Alta Sierra Community received the Firewise Communities/USA award from the National Fire Protection Association for their efforts to reduce the vulnerability of homes and landscape to wildfire recently.
The festive occasion included Smokey Bear, demonstrations and information on how to prepare your home and family for emergencies. Free drawings excited the crowd by winning haircuts from The Clip Shop, Fire Safe t-shirts, Bear River Pasta Company gift basket, American Red Cross and Smokey Bear items.
Award presentation guest speakers included Nevada County Consolidated Fire Chief, David Ray, Nevada County Supervisor Ed Scofield, Alta Sierra Property Owners Vice President Lee French and Greater Alta Sierra Firewise Community Chairman Peter Beesley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation