Firewise honors Alta Sierra efforts
November 30, 2012
The Greater Alta Sierra Community received the Firewise Communities/USA award from the National Fire Protection Association for their efforts to reduce the vulnerability of homes and landscape to wildfire recently.
The festive occasion included Smokey Bear, demonstrations and information on how to prepare your home and family for emergencies. Free drawings excited the crowd by winning haircuts from The Clip Shop, Fire Safe t-shirts, Bear River Pasta Company gift basket, American Red Cross and Smokey Bear items.
Award presentation guest speakers included Nevada County Consolidated Fire Chief, David Ray, Nevada County Supervisor Ed Scofield, Alta Sierra Property Owners Vice President Lee French and Greater Alta Sierra Firewise Community Chairman Peter Beesley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial