Firefighters quickly put out barn, grass fire
July 13, 2014
Grass Valley firefighters responded to a vegetation and barn fire Saturday night and quickly brought it under control, according to Battalion Chief Steve Smith.
Units were dispatched to a reported vegetation fire with a barn involved at 9:45 p.m. in the 13000 block of Rough and Ready Highway. The first units to arrive found the outbuilding fully involved with a 20×20 area of grass burning, Smith said.
Crews were able to quickly bring the fire under control with no damage to the residence. Firefighters remained on the scene for about one hour to mop up.
No injuries were reported and the cause was determined to have been an electrical short in a well pump, Smith said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Never again: Nevada City filmmaker produces series on incarceration of Japanese during WWII
- Nevada County murder suspect Maurice Rogers seeks to toss evidence
- Local food producers, Nevada County chefs combine to create culinary fare at Bounty of the County