Firefighters quickly put out barn, grass fire
July 13, 2014
Grass Valley firefighters responded to a vegetation and barn fire Saturday night and quickly brought it under control, according to Battalion Chief Steve Smith.
Units were dispatched to a reported vegetation fire with a barn involved at 9:45 p.m. in the 13000 block of Rough and Ready Highway. The first units to arrive found the outbuilding fully involved with a 20×20 area of grass burning, Smith said.
Crews were able to quickly bring the fire under control with no damage to the residence. Firefighters remained on the scene for about one hour to mop up.
No injuries were reported and the cause was determined to have been an electrical short in a well pump, Smith said.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley