Firefighters keep damage to minimum in Grass Valley house fire
July 28, 2013
Quick response to a structure fire just before 1 p.m. Saturday ensured a Grass Valley home sustained minimal damage.
Firefighters and emergency workers responded to report of structure fire, smoke coming from underneath residence on Pleasant Street. Units arrived on scene of a single story residential with smoke showing from the sub area of the residence, according to a report. Crews quickly made access to the fire and contained it, there was no fire extension into the living area of the residence.
The fire was determined to be accidental in nature after the investigation. The residents were allowed back into the the home and no personal belongings were damaged or destroyed, the report stated.
Nevada County Consolidated, Cal Fire, Nevada City and Grass Valley fire departments all responded to the call.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire