Fire guts Nevada City residence Saturday
June 17, 2014
Nevada County Consolidated Fire Engine 84, Nevada City Fire Engine 5482, the Grass Valley Fire Duty Chief and Cal Fire were dispatched to a vegetation fire in the area of Gochine and Mt. Auburn Circle above Nevada City at about 3:30 a.m. Saturday. Arriving at scene, the firefighters found a well-involved structure fire rather than a vegetation fire, said Grass Valley Interim Fire Chief Mark Buttron.
Firefighters immediately called for a structure fire response, bringing two additional engines, and a second alarm due to fire conditions. Firefighters were faced with a large, well-involved structure fire, along with a small vegetation fire, Buttron said.
Firefighters briefly entered the structure to combat the fire and search part of the structure, before a roof collapse resulted in the removal of firefighters from the building.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the structure with limited vegetation involved and no damage to additional buildings. No injuries were reported, and cause remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed