Fire destroys commercial building on Combie Road
September 20, 2012
A building that housed a pet grooming business and the business office for the Bear River Parks and Recreation District, among others, was consumed by a fire early Sunday.
The structure fire in the 2,500-square-foot commercial building in the 10000 block of Combie Road was reported at about 2:15 a.m., said Cal Fire Battalion Chief David Stonum.
Firefighters found heavy fire through the building, which housed five businesses, Stonum said.
Firefighters from Cal Fire, Higgins, Placer County and Nevada County Consolidated responded to the blaze, which was contained in about an hour.
According to Stonum, the cause of the fire was electrical and began inside Paws and Claws pet grooming.
"My business burnt to the ground," said Paws and Claws owner Sue Bowman. "There's nothing left."
Monday afternoon, Bowman said she got some good news. Chris Burke of Burkeshears Pet Grooming, at 10110-B Alta Sierra Drive, called to offer her a workspace.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance