Fire causes minimal damage
April 15, 2013
Nevada County Consolidated firefighters were able to contain a vegetation fire that spread to a garage Saturday afternoon, stopping it before it caused more than minimal damage.
The fire in the 11000 block of Wheeler Cross Road was reported at about 2:20 p.m., according to a press release from Battalion Chief Jerry Funk.
Crews from Consolidated, Calfire and Ophir Hill responded to the fire, which initially was called in as a possible structure fire.
The fire actually was a small vegetation spot fire, said Consolidated Division Chief David Ray. When firefighters arrived, the fire had just hit the side of a large detached garage and was quickly contained.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, Ray said.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Autumn activities: Bridgeport Fall Festival (Photo Gallery)