Fire burning near Cape Horn
August 11, 2008
Local fire crews are helping to douse a 25-acre blaze in the Cape Horn area near Colfax, an emergency dispatcher said today.
“They’re trying to get a line around it. We have aircraft on it and lots and lots of resources,” a dispatcher at the Interagency Command Center in Grass Valley said.
Smoke from the fire could be seen from the Glenbrook Basin area of Grass Valley early in the evening.
Crews from Ophir Hill, Peardale-Chicago Park, Higgins and Nevada County Consolidated fire departments, and crews from the Calfire state forestry and firefighting department were among the responders, the dispatcher said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire