Fire burning near Cape Horn
August 11, 2008
Local fire crews are helping to douse a 25-acre blaze in the Cape Horn area near Colfax, an emergency dispatcher said today.
“They’re trying to get a line around it. We have aircraft on it and lots and lots of resources,” a dispatcher at the Interagency Command Center in Grass Valley said.
Smoke from the fire could be seen from the Glenbrook Basin area of Grass Valley early in the evening.
Crews from Ophir Hill, Peardale-Chicago Park, Higgins and Nevada County Consolidated fire departments, and crews from the Calfire state forestry and firefighting department were among the responders, the dispatcher said.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed