Female driver drifts into embankment, sustains injuries
March 28, 2013
Meegan Myers, 34, drove into an embankment off Highway 49, near Milhous Road, around 11 a.m. today.
The driver took her eyes off the road while texting and was arrested for DUI, said Marc Morrison, officer with Grass Valley California Highway Patrol.
Myers' car drifted 50 feet down the side of the road into an embankment, which caused the car to roll on its side, but without any huge impact, Morrison said.
"She suffered some contusions and abrasions to her forehead and face area," Morrison said.
Myers was able to remove herself from the vehicle and the officer on duty called for rescue assistance to lift her out of the embankment, said Christoffer Montelius, engineer with North San Juan Fire Department.
She was then taken by ambulance to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County