Female driver drifts into embankment, sustains injuries
March 28, 2013
Meegan Myers, 34, drove into an embankment off Highway 49, near Milhous Road, around 11 a.m. today.
The driver took her eyes off the road while texting and was arrested for DUI, said Marc Morrison, officer with Grass Valley California Highway Patrol.
Myers’ car drifted 50 feet down the side of the road into an embankment, which caused the car to roll on its side, but without any huge impact, Morrison said.
“She suffered some contusions and abrasions to her forehead and face area,” Morrison said.
Myers was able to remove herself from the vehicle and the officer on duty called for rescue assistance to lift her out of the embankment, said Christoffer Montelius, engineer with North San Juan Fire Department.
She was then taken by ambulance to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Trending In: Local News
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping