Elderly driver unhurt after driving through store window
May 23, 2013
An 83-year-old man was unhurt after he accidentally drive his Ford truck through a plate-glass window Tuesday afternoon.
The man, who was not identified, told officers his foot slipped off the brake pedal at about 12:30 p.m., said Grass Valley Police Sgt. Joe Matteoni.
The truck ended up hitting a window at a vacant store in the Fowler Center on Nevada City Highway. Firefighters from Grass Valley, Nevada City, and Nevada County Consolidated fire departments responded, as did Sierra Nevada Ambulance.
No injuries were reported, Matteoni said.
A fire alarm was triggered in the storefront a little after 5 p.m. after a construction crew knocked it off a wall, said Grass Valley Fire Capt. Gary Dunn.
Trending In: Local News
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball