Elderly driver unhurt after driving through store window
May 23, 2013
An 83-year-old man was unhurt after he accidentally drive his Ford truck through a plate-glass window Tuesday afternoon.
The man, who was not identified, told officers his foot slipped off the brake pedal at about 12:30 p.m., said Grass Valley Police Sgt. Joe Matteoni.
The truck ended up hitting a window at a vacant store in the Fowler Center on Nevada City Highway. Firefighters from Grass Valley, Nevada City, and Nevada County Consolidated fire departments responded, as did Sierra Nevada Ambulance.
No injuries were reported, Matteoni said.
A fire alarm was triggered in the storefront a little after 5 p.m. after a construction crew knocked it off a wall, said Grass Valley Fire Capt. Gary Dunn.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger