Elderly driver unhurt after driving through store window
May 23, 2013
An 83-year-old man was unhurt after he accidentally drive his Ford truck through a plate-glass window Tuesday afternoon.
The man, who was not identified, told officers his foot slipped off the brake pedal at about 12:30 p.m., said Grass Valley Police Sgt. Joe Matteoni.
The truck ended up hitting a window at a vacant store in the Fowler Center on Nevada City Highway. Firefighters from Grass Valley, Nevada City, and Nevada County Consolidated fire departments responded, as did Sierra Nevada Ambulance.
No injuries were reported, Matteoni said.
A fire alarm was triggered in the storefront a little after 5 p.m. after a construction crew knocked it off a wall, said Grass Valley Fire Capt. Gary Dunn.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley woman, fiancée die in Cascade Fire
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site