Early morning DUI crash in Grass Valley injures 2
August 7, 2014
An Oregon man crashed a brand-new, 2014 Chevrolet Cruz early Thursday morning on McCourtney Road. The four-door sedan was a rental car, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Justin E. LeLacheur, a 25-year-old resident of South Beach, was allegedly driving under the influence. LeLacheur was arrested on felony DUI charges, according to the CHP, but was later released to the hospital for medical care.
LeLacheur and his 23-year-old passenger, whose name has been withheld, were both flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center by helicopter.
Officers say LeLacheur was headed west on McCourtney Road at a high rate of speed when he entered a sweeping left curve near Patterson Valley Road and lost control of the vehicle. It subsequently struck a tree and came to rest out of sight from the roadway.
The vehicle's OnStar system contacted emergency personnel and transmitted the location of the crash.
"Thankfully this occurred very early in the morning and nobody else was on the roadway in the vicinity," CHP Officer Greg Tassone wrote in a news release to local media.
The incident took place at approximately 4:25 a.m.
Trending In: Local News
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection