Duo sentenced to prison for LOP burglary manhunt
November 29, 2012
A Nevada County Superior Court judge sentenced both defendants in a south county robbery that led to an hours-long manhunt to three years and eight months in state prison.
Jordan Rose, 19, and Corey Locicero, 31, were arrested June 14 after an alleged attempt to burglarize a home.
The victim called 911 to report a burglary in progress on the 17000 block of River Ranch Road after the two men allegedly forced him to the ground, then stole keys to a vehicle and other personal property before speeding off in a pickup truck.
An investigator with the county District Attorney's Office spotted the truck and followed it, then tried to stop the vehicle and chased the two men into DarkHorse, a golf course development community off Combie Road. The suspects then drove onto a fairway, lost control and slid off a green into a bridge abutment, before fleeing toward the neighboring Lake of the Pines gated community. Both men eventually were arrested.
Rose had pleaded no contest to robbery and reckless evasion of a peace officer in return for a stipulated sentence; his driver's license also will be revoked.
Locicero pleaded no contest to second-degree robbery in return for a stipulated three years in state prison. He also pleaded no contest to possessing a controlled substance for sale in relation to a drug arrest Feb. 19. He will serve an additional eight months in that case.
Both men can only receive 15 percent credit for good behavior; Rose had 92 days credit for time served, and Locicero had 189 days credit.
Restitution was reserved for the victims, who did not appear in court Monday.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call (530) 477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story