Drought on tap for city, county, town meeting Friday in Truckee
June 6, 2014
City, county and town officials from throughout Nevada County will gather Friday in Truckee for a joint workshop on the drought.
The informational workshop is set for 1 p.m. at Truckee Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
Nevada County supervisors and council members from Grass Valley, Nevada City and Truckee have been invited to attend.
On the agenda are six presentations from water management experts, including Rem Scherzinger, general manager of the Nevada Irrigation District, Steve Poncelet, public information and conservation manager of Truckee Donner Public Utility District, and Stefanie Morris, general counsel, State Water Contractors.
Also on the agenda is a panel discussion about the implications of the Clean Water Act for rural communities. The panel includes four engineers and attorneys with specialties in public water management.
Although video coverage will not be available, Truckee staff will be posting any PowerPoint presentations or other materials on http://www.townoftruckee.com.
To contact Staff Writer Keri Brenner, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns