Downtown Grass Valley merchants earn prizes for Safe Trick or Treat event
November 1, 2013
The Grass Valley Downtown Association honored several of its merchants Thursday for their participation in the organization's annual Safe Trick or Treat event on Halloween.
Taking top prize for the Best Overall Business award was Tri-Counties Bank for its portrayal of the Addams Family. PG&E's Dr. Seuss book costumes were honored for the Cutest Storybook Characters, while the City of Grass Valley earned Most Child Pleasing award for its Candy Land board game decor.
The Book Seller's Hobbits outfits took Best Costumed Theme, while Wells Fargo Insurance's candy outfits won for Best Costumed Business. Christina Smith of Smith Vineyards won for Most Interactive, while Bonnie Pattillo of Junk in the Trunk took Best Halloween Window.
"We want to thank all of our businesses in downtown Grass Valley for making Halloween so much fun!" said GVDA Executive Director Julia Jordan. "Great work, judges (Debbie Lange and Libby Bonomolo).
"Thank you to the Grass Valley Police Department volunteers, Public Works and the Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce for traffic control and street closure!"
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist was thrown into utility pole, CHP states
- Nevada County home invasion leads to arrests, authorities say
- Homeless man dying of cancer finally gets long-term care in Grass Valley
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- Nevada County prosecutors say review of Hollitz cases could take months, 60-80 cases could be impacted