Dow Alexander Park in Grass Valley open again after ‘trash and refuse’ forces closure
July 14, 2017
Grass Valley officials made the decision to close Dow Alexander Park in Grass Valley for 24 hours from Thursday to Friday morning.
The park, located near the Golden Center Freeway adjacent to Bank Street, Hansen Way and Bennett Street, was inundated with "transient related trash and refuse," according to Grass Valley Police Department logs.
The log said the issue "reached a point where heath and safety was at risk."
The action comes on the heels of a number of Nevada County residents speaking up to the Grass Valley City Council about a perceived rise of crime in the area and four transients arrested on charges of trespassing.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Never again: Nevada City filmmaker produces series on incarceration of Japanese during WWII
- Nevada County murder suspect Maurice Rogers seeks to toss evidence
- Local food producers, Nevada County chefs combine to create culinary fare at Bounty of the County