Donations come flooding in
October 3, 2008
In late September I wrote a letter to The Union about the theft of our donation jar filled with about $75 to be used for our cancer patients. The next day $10 in an envelope was slipped under the door, two donations were made of $75 each, and several customers left their change with us. Every day since then we have received various amounts and one young man gave us $100 today.
The community, young and old alike, have responded wonderfully and we thank you all for your donations, from the pennies to the bills.
I hope the thief reads this and sees that there are many caring people in Nevada County, but that this does not absolve him/her in any way.
Manager, Cancer Aid Thrift Shop
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County