Donations come flooding in
October 3, 2008
In late September I wrote a letter to The Union about the theft of our donation jar filled with about $75 to be used for our cancer patients. The next day $10 in an envelope was slipped under the door, two donations were made of $75 each, and several customers left their change with us. Every day since then we have received various amounts and one young man gave us $100 today.
The community, young and old alike, have responded wonderfully and we thank you all for your donations, from the pennies to the bills.
I hope the thief reads this and sees that there are many caring people in Nevada County, but that this does not absolve him/her in any way.
Manager, Cancer Aid Thrift Shop
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball