Dog Bar Rd. vehicle rollover attributed to black ice
December 19, 2012
A woman driving along Dog Bar Road outside Grass Valley hit a patch of black ice early Tuesday morning, toppling her vehicle onto its roof in a ditch, said an official with Nevada County Consolidated Fire District.
The woman sustained only minor injuries and was transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, said Jim Turner, a battalion chief.
"When I was coming La Barr Meadows (Road), I was only going 30 to 25 miles an hour," Turner said. "Every corner that had shade on it had a patch of ice."
Turner advised drivers that as Nevada County gets into colder temperatures, ice will accumulated on the roadway that is not always visible.
Officials from the California Highway Patrol assisted on the scene, where traffic control was implemented, alternating one-lane traffic north- and southbound until the scene was cleared shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday.
— Christopher Rosacker
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death