Details released on 49 crash
July 24, 2013
The identities of the people injured in a two-car collision on Highway 49 Thursday afternoon have been released.
According to the California Highway Patrol website, a caller reported a vehicle hanging off the side of the South Yuba bridge on Highway 49 just before 3 p.m.
The accident, between two sedans, was closer to Independence Trail than the bridge, with one vehicle partially off the side of the road.
Sarah Boss, 28, of Grass Valley, was driving a Chevrolet Monte Carlo westbound when she lost control going around a curve. Boss crossed the center line and collided head-on with a Ford Taurus being driven by Sydney Glenn, 20, of Grass Valley.
Glenn and passenger Madeline Nunnink, 18, of Grass Valley, were taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
Sarah Boss also was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with moderate injuries. Her 4-year-old daughter was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center due to complaints of abdominal pain.
The accident remains under investigation, but drugs and/or alcohol do not appear to be a factor.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville