Details released on 49 crash
July 24, 2013
The identities of the people injured in a two-car collision on Highway 49 Thursday afternoon have been released.
According to the California Highway Patrol website, a caller reported a vehicle hanging off the side of the South Yuba bridge on Highway 49 just before 3 p.m.
The accident, between two sedans, was closer to Independence Trail than the bridge, with one vehicle partially off the side of the road.
Sarah Boss, 28, of Grass Valley, was driving a Chevrolet Monte Carlo westbound when she lost control going around a curve. Boss crossed the center line and collided head-on with a Ford Taurus being driven by Sydney Glenn, 20, of Grass Valley.
Glenn and passenger Madeline Nunnink, 18, of Grass Valley, were taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
Sarah Boss also was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with moderate injuries. Her 4-year-old daughter was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center due to complaints of abdominal pain.
The accident remains under investigation, but drugs and/or alcohol do not appear to be a factor.
Trending In: Local News
- Car drives into Grass Valley Papa Murphy’s store
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim
- DA moves to dismiss drug charges, cites former detective’s ‘inappropriate relationship’ with informant
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles