Denis Peirce wins award for radio show
May 19, 2017
Fishing columnist and radio show host Denis Peirce, who's fishing column appears weekly in The Union, followed up last year's Outdoor Writers Association of California "Best Outdoor Newspaper Feature" honor with more accolades — this time over the airwaves.
During a banquet held last month the association's board of directors gave awards to individuals whose work was judged "superior" in the Craft Awards Media Competition.
According to a release from the outdoor writers association, members of the organization determined Peirce's radio show on KNCO to be a premier example of professionalism and talented execution. He was awarded honors in the Best Outdoor Radio Show category.
Judges felt that the entries, "July, August 2016 Segments" were "Intriguing, and captivating in content and presentation."
Founded in 1986, OWAC is a nonprofit organization of more than 150 professional outdoor communicators from California and surrounding western states, including newspaper and magazine staffers, freelance writers, book authors, radio and television broadcasters, video producers, editors, photographers and artists.
Source: Outdoor Writers Association of California
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local News
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance