Demo Day at Grocery Outlet
September 3, 2014
Grocery Outlet and Nevada County's Department of Public Health are teaming up to offer a morning of in-house cooking demonstrations featuring fresh, healthy food from 9-11 a.m. today.
Chef and cooking teacher Wendy Van Wagner will be leading the demos at Grocery Outlet. The goal is to show creative and fun ways to cook with some of Grocery Outlet's staples and produce to encourage healthy eating habits of their customers. There will be free cookbook giveaways for those who attend a demo, and recipe cards and samples of the cooking demos will be given away as well.
Recipes will highlight garden zucchini — what to do with all of your squash, including a corn and zucchini stir fry with queso fresco.
There also will be a table with information and samples from the very popular Rethink Your Drink presentation.
Trending In: Local News
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say