Crews dispatched to half-acre fire Sunday
July 1, 2014
Fire crews were able to knock down a grass fire off East Lime Kiln Road within about 15 minutes Sunday night.
The fire was reported at about 7:30 p.m., said Cal Fire Battalion Chief Matt Wallen. Crews responded from Cal Fire, Nevada County Consolidated and Higgins Fire Protection District.
The half-acre fire was moving at a slow rate of spread in tall grass, Wallen said. It was threatening a barn and a residence and was stopped about 200 yards away thanks to the quick response, he said.
Crews remained on scene for about two hours. The fire is considered suspicious in nature and remains under investigation, Wallen said.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project