Crews dispatched to half-acre fire Sunday
July 1, 2014
Fire crews were able to knock down a grass fire off East Lime Kiln Road within about 15 minutes Sunday night.
The fire was reported at about 7:30 p.m., said Cal Fire Battalion Chief Matt Wallen. Crews responded from Cal Fire, Nevada County Consolidated and Higgins Fire Protection District.
The half-acre fire was moving at a slow rate of spread in tall grass, Wallen said. It was threatening a barn and a residence and was stopped about 200 yards away thanks to the quick response, he said.
Crews remained on scene for about two hours. The fire is considered suspicious in nature and remains under investigation, Wallen said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person covered in blood at pool
- Never again: Nevada City filmmaker produces series on incarceration of Japanese during WWII
- Nevada County murder suspect Maurice Rogers seeks to toss evidence
- 14,000 pounds of trash pulled from Nevada County waterways by nearly 900 SYRCL volunteers