Crashes snarl rush-hour traffic
September 17, 2013
Two separate rear-end collisions caused only minor injuries, but snarled rush-hour traffic Thursday morning in Grass Valley. The first involved three vehicles on northbound Highway 49 right before the Brunswick Road offramp, said California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone.
That accident occurred at about 8 a.m., and sparked another rear-end collision as traffic started slowing down, Tassone said.
One person was transported with minor injuries in the first accident, and no injuries were reported in the second fender-bender, Tassone said.
The multi-vehicle collisions snarled traffic for about an hour.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation