Crash snarls traffic on Highway 49
November 22, 2013
A female motorist was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center after suffering injuries relating to a head-on collision on Highway 49 near the Carriage Road intersection, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.
The woman was driving a 1987 Chrysler Le Baron at approximately 2 p.m. Tuesday, when she executed a U-turn in the highway and collided with an oncoming Chevrolet pickup truck, said California Highway Patrol Officer Justin Barnthouse.
The car overturned and exited the roadway, said CHP spokesman Greg Tassone.
The Chrysler reportedy was cut in two, and the woman was trapped inside, according to a release from Nevada County Consolidated Fire.
She suffered lacerations to the face but was alert and responding to questions at the scene of the accident, Barnthouse said. Her identity was not available as of press time.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law