Crash snarls traffic on Highway 49
November 22, 2013
A female motorist was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center after suffering injuries relating to a head-on collision on Highway 49 near the Carriage Road intersection, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.
The woman was driving a 1987 Chrysler Le Baron at approximately 2 p.m. Tuesday, when she executed a U-turn in the highway and collided with an oncoming Chevrolet pickup truck, said California Highway Patrol Officer Justin Barnthouse.
The car overturned and exited the roadway, said CHP spokesman Greg Tassone.
The Chrysler reportedy was cut in two, and the woman was trapped inside, according to a release from Nevada County Consolidated Fire.
She suffered lacerations to the face but was alert and responding to questions at the scene of the accident, Barnthouse said. Her identity was not available as of press time.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier