‘Cowspiracy’ documentary coming to GV
August 15, 2014
Animal Place is promoting a screening of "Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret" on Sept. 18 in Grass Valley.
"This documentary will be as eye-opening as 'Blackfish' and as inspiring as 'An Inconvenient Truth,'" according to the film's website.
The feature-length documentary follows a filmmaker as he investigates the beef industry and its effects on the environment. The film also takes a look at "why the world's leading environmental organizations are too afraid to talk about it," according to the website.
The film is produced by Kip Anderson and Keegan Kuhn. Kuhn was the filmmaker behind "Turlock," a documentary of the rescue of more than 4,000 hens by Animal Place in 2012.
"This is a hugely powerful film and is getting rave reviews as they hold screenings around the country. Further, it is already translated into several languages," said Animal Place Executive Director Kim Sturla.
The screening will take place at the Del Oro Theatre in downtown Grass Valley on Sept. 18. A question and answer session will follow.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball