‘Cowspiracy’ documentary coming to GV
August 15, 2014
Animal Place is promoting a screening of “Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret” on Sept. 18 in Grass Valley.
“This documentary will be as eye-opening as ‘Blackfish’ and as inspiring as ‘An Inconvenient Truth,’” according to the film’s website.
The feature-length documentary follows a filmmaker as he investigates the beef industry and its effects on the environment. The film also takes a look at “why the world’s leading environmental organizations are too afraid to talk about it,” according to the website.
The film is produced by Kip Anderson and Keegan Kuhn. Kuhn was the filmmaker behind “Turlock,” a documentary of the rescue of more than 4,000 hens by Animal Place in 2012.
“This is a hugely powerful film and is getting rave reviews as they hold screenings around the country. Further, it is already translated into several languages,” said Animal Place Executive Director Kim Sturla.
The screening will take place at the Del Oro Theatre in downtown Grass Valley on Sept. 18. A question and answer session will follow.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns