Consolidated swears in 2 new employees
April 19, 2014
Family, friends and colleagues of two Nevada County firefighters gathered Thursday for their badge-pinning ceremony at a meeting of the Nevada County Consolidated Fire District board.
“These are two real professionals,” said Consolidated Division Chief Jim Turner.
Accepting the badges were newly promoted Fire Engineer Jared McElhannon and newly hired Firefighter Travis Trevethick.
McElhannon, 35, of Nevada City, has been a firefighter with Consolidated since 2005. He grew up in Colfax.
His wife, Amanda McElhannon, did the pinning honors, accompanied by the couple’s children, Ella Mae and Gavin.
Trevethick, also 35, of Grass Valley, was a fire intern and volunteer for several years and was working in his family’s business prior to being hired by Consolidated.
Born and raised in Nevada County, Trevethick is a fifth-generation county resident.
He was pinned by his wife Karen Trevethick, under the watchful eye of their daughter, Grace.
To contact Staff Writer Keri Brenner, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping