Combie Road crash closes traffic in South County
August 22, 2014
A single vehicle crash on Combie Road in southern Nevada County has reportedly resulted in downed power lines and traffic being rerouted.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a green Honda CRV struck a power pole near the intersection of Armstrong and Combie roads, which has closed traffic. The report came in at approximately 2:30 p.m. Thursday, near the release time for schools in the area.
Nevada Joint Union High School District Superintendent Louise Johnson informed Bear River High School families that bus routes had been rerouted, which will result in an estimated 30-minute delay to normal drop-off times for some students.
CHP is requesting traffic control at Highway 49 and Combie Road.
PG&E has assigned a crew to assess the power outage in the area, resulting from the collision, but has already estimated restoration of power by 6 p.m.
Trending In: Local News
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say