Combie Road crash closes traffic in South County
August 22, 2014
A single vehicle crash on Combie Road in southern Nevada County has reportedly resulted in downed power lines and traffic being rerouted.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a green Honda CRV struck a power pole near the intersection of Armstrong and Combie roads, which has closed traffic. The report came in at approximately 2:30 p.m. Thursday, near the release time for schools in the area.
Nevada Joint Union High School District Superintendent Louise Johnson informed Bear River High School families that bus routes had been rerouted, which will result in an estimated 30-minute delay to normal drop-off times for some students.
CHP is requesting traffic control at Highway 49 and Combie Road.
PG&E has assigned a crew to assess the power outage in the area, resulting from the collision, but has already estimated restoration of power by 6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation