Cold temperatures in the forecast
January 14, 2013
After waking to Wednesday night's light dusting of snow, Nevada County can expect continued cold temperatures and possible snow flurries over the course of the next few days.
"We are getting showers that form after a front moves through with some reports of light snow and hail in the high country," said Tom Dang, forecaster for the National Weather Service in Sacramento.
Overnight lows dipping into the 20s can be expected for the next few nights with mostly clear skies and highs in the upper 30 to 40 degrees, Dang said.
"There is another system moving through Saturday night and Sunday," Dang said. "It will be a pretty dry system with potential for showers and otherwise clear skies."
For a full weather report and forecast, see page A9.
— Jennifer Terman
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier