CHP: Interstate 80 closed; traffic detoured through Grass Valley, Nevada City
February 15, 2017
The California Highway Patrol at Truckee reports the closure of westbound Interstate 80 at the Highway 20 exit, due to excavation work on a mudslide area.
All traffic is being detoured down Highway 20 through Nevada City, Grass Valley and Auburn before returning to the interstate.
The CHP expects western Nevada County to see a substantial increase in traffic.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local News
- Fired Forest Lake principal rejects school’s accusations
- New center in Nevada City hoping to have positive impact
- Pair accused in Downieville home invasion held in Nevada County Jail, reports state
- NEVADA UNION ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2017: Dennis Houlihan
- Nevada City Planning Commission approves housing development