CHP Grass Valley office launches social media presence
August 20, 2014
After months of behind-the-scenes efforts, the California Highway Patrol Grass Valley Area office has launched its "official presence" on social media.
The office's new Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/CHPGrassValley, and new Twitter account (@CHPgv), will allow them to better communicate with the different communities they serve, according to a press release.
"This is the culmination of a statewide effort to better communicate with the public in California," said public information officer Greg Tassone. "Visitors to our pages can expect to find region-specific information, such as alerts on severe weather advisories in the Sierra Nevada foothills, details about road closures and alternate routes, and news about the office's activities and programs."
The CHP reminded the public not to report emergency incidents or criminal activity on social media, as it is not monitored 24 hours a day. In case of emergency, residents are advised to call 911.
For more information, visit the new pages on Facebook and Twitter or call 530-477-4900.
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story