CHP Grass Valley office launches social media presence
August 20, 2014
After months of behind-the-scenes efforts, the California Highway Patrol Grass Valley Area office has launched its "official presence" on social media.
The office's new Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/CHPGrassValley, and new Twitter account (@CHPgv), will allow them to better communicate with the different communities they serve, according to a press release.
"This is the culmination of a statewide effort to better communicate with the public in California," said public information officer Greg Tassone. "Visitors to our pages can expect to find region-specific information, such as alerts on severe weather advisories in the Sierra Nevada foothills, details about road closures and alternate routes, and news about the office's activities and programs."
The CHP reminded the public not to report emergency incidents or criminal activity on social media, as it is not monitored 24 hours a day. In case of emergency, residents are advised to call 911.
For more information, visit the new pages on Facebook and Twitter or call 530-477-4900.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Loma Rica man, Grass Valley woman among those killed in Cascade Fire
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site