Chip Close named NID water operations manager
May 7, 2013
NID names new Water Operations manager
Nevada Irrigation District General Manager Rem Scherzinger announced Monday the promotion of Armon W. "Chip" Close III to the position of NID Water Operations manager.
In his new position, Close, a 19-year district veteran, will oversee all water treatment, distribution and administrative functions of the 44-employee department.
"Chip has continually demonstrated his dedication to the district and his adaptability," Scherzinger said. "His depth of knowledge and history will help provide continuity and stability within the management team as we move forward."
Close joined NID in 1994 and, as a member of the purchasing department, began to study water treatment. He earned his state license and became a water treatment plant operator. He moved into senior and chief water plant operator positions and went on to serve for eight years as NID's treated water superintendent. He was named interim manager of the Water Operations Department last November.
Close resides with his family in Grass Valley.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana