Chilly temps, trace snow in forecast this week
April 5, 2011
Get out and enjoy the warm weather in western Nevada County today – it may not last.
While forecasters are calling for sunny, dry weather and temperatures in the upper 60s today, a cold front is expected to move into the Sierra Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service in Sacramento.
Temperatures are expected to reach the low 60s Wednesday before giving way to clouds and temperatures in the mid-30s at night. Trace amounts of snow could fall down to 3,000 feet Thursday morning, and temperatures are expected to top out in the 40s that day, forecasters said.
Cool, clear conditions are expected Friday.
In the high country, where more than 57 feet of snow fell over the course of the winter, temperatures in the 30s are expected late this week, though snowfall is expected to be minimal.
– Kyle Magin
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger