Celebrate the season at Ananda
October 5, 2012
With cooler temperatures expected later this week, Halloween and the harvest season will soon be upon us.
Ananda’s second annual Harvest Festival is coming up Oct. 20, featuring locally grown produce, lots of homemade treats, activities for kids, plus arts and crafts booths. It’s an old-fashioned fun event for the entire family.
Last year’s inaugural festival featured sounds of live music and children’s laughter permeating the air. The goat-petting zoo and cornhusk doll-making were great favorites with the children — and adults as well. And the blacksmith demonstration was truly a scene pulled right out of Nevada County’s past.
This family friendly, alcohol-free event is 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 20 on The Green at Ananda Village, about 17 miles outside Nevada City via Highway 49 and Tyler Foote Road.
For directions and information, please go to http://www.firstbusinesscoop.com, Ananda’s FIRST Business Coop website. Vendor applications are still being accepted.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Autumn activities: Bridgeport Fall Festival (Photo Gallery)